Friday, February 4, 2011

Random jumble..

Tonight I am saddened by loss. My good friend, Lynn, lost her mother tonight. I visited with her just an hour before her mother passed and she was so upset. I felt so helpless, there are no words you can say or actions you can do to make someone feel better in the loss of a loved one. All I did was witness to her and give her some encouraging words from my heart. I didnt want to leave as I knew the doctors hadnt given Freda much longer to live. Her time on earth ended at 8:44pm, but it was the beginning of her life in Heaven. Lynn always teased me that her and her mother just wanted to go buy new bodies. I told Lynn tonight that her mothers wish came true, however, she didnt have to buy it...the Lord gave it to her. No more pain and suffering there!! Please say a prayer for this family. 

In the midst of the stress of the above situation, I've been battling the cigarette craving again. I didnt give in, but came close. I know that its a mental craving also. As soon as I felt stressed when I found out about Lynn's mother (I forgot to add, she lives in WV and I was going to drive Lynn there tonight but the storm was bad and it was very snowy so I was slightly stressed!)...I felt like I wanted to smoke. I'm serious...this is the hardest thing I've done in a while. I would assume if you dont smoke, or havent gone through the quitting process, you may not understand. Or, maybe its just me and I really need to refocus myself. Needless to say, tomorrow marks one week of being semi cigarette free (semi? I cheated, remember LOL!). Also, tonight the e-cig that I'm using stopped working. I'm not sure why but luckily it has a lifetime warranty and I'm going to take it to the mall tomorrow. I told Evan that if I can go all night without it since its not working (oh but believe me, I'm trying everything to make it work! heehee!) why not just put it down all together? Eventually the mental cravings will get easier I guess.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Until next time...

-Kristin





  

1 comment: