Thursday, January 27, 2011

Maybe I do have something else to say! I have to admit, blogging is exciting! :)

Evan and I have been thinking about selling his truck. We've contemplated this for a couple months and cant make a decision because we dont know how big, or little, of an impact it will make in our day to day needs. Our finances tell us we've got to forfeit somethings. If we sell the truck, we will be left with one car. Its a small ride, but its comfy enough and big enough for our 3 person household. I've tried to weigh out the pros and cons, but I'm still not settled on a decision. One HUGE pro is that we will no longer have a couple hundred dollar truck payment and it will reduce the amount we pay for car insurance. This, my friends, is what makes me say SELL SELL SELL!!! On the other hand, that leaves me taking Evan to work on the days that I would need the car (or everyday?) and on the days that he takes the car, it leaves me without transportation. I usually dont run the roads regularly, I try to conserve as much gas as possible. Evan has been driving my car to and from because its amazing on gas mileage. Therefore, I'm trying to leave the truck (definitely more of a gas guzzler!) parked. I dont want to impose on others if I need to go somewhere...although I do know my family would help. A big con of not having a car is the 'what ifs'. What if there was an emergency? I just cant seem to come to a solid decision. AND, what if we sell the truck and end up wanting another car...are we going to find a payment as cheap as his truck? (Its cheaper than my car payment but not cheap enough when we're talking budgets!) Credit has changed, finances have surely changed since I'm not employed..am I going to be worse than before if we decide we need another car after selling?

What do you think about one car families? What would you do? I'm open to suggestions! :) Thanks for reading..

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that idea C!!! :) You're so smart...I have no idea why I didnt think of that!! We may try that. Love you sweet lady!!

    ReplyDelete